COVID-19 Precautions in Buffalo, NY
At Sterling Heart Care the safety and well-being of our patients & staff is our highest priority. Our staff continue to monitor this critical situation, develop proactive protocols, and ensure that we are following guidelines from the CDC, NYS, and Erie County Department of Health.
In an effort to protect our patients, families, visitors, and staff against the spread of infection, and in accordance with New York State Department of Health guidance, Sterling Heart Care has implemented the following practices:
- Your temperature will be measured by one of our staff members before entering the treatment area. Any patient with a temperature greater than 100.3°F will be required to reschedule their appointment.
- Any patient with signs of illness, which could include flushed cheeks, fatigue, shortness of breath, or coughing, may be required to reschedule their appointment.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Staff members will be wearing protective masks while interacting with the patient
- All patients and any guests who enter our facilities will be required to wear a protective mask. Patients who are unable to comply with this requirement will be required to reschedule their appointment. Masks will be available to patients free of charge.
- We are planning to have protective barriers installed between exercise equipment and ECP machines.
- Our entire facility will be disinfected on a weekly basis with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- High traffic areas (e.g. door handles, chairs, handrails, etc.) will be disinfected on a daily basis using CDC approved disinfection methods.
- Hand sanitizer stations will continue to be available throughout our office and patients will be encouraged to use them regularly.
- Overall risk will be reduced by keeping at least 6 feet away from fellow patients, staff, and visitors when possible.